protection for Ipod help me to decide

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by psg, Oct 10, 2009.

1. psg

psg New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ijust bough an ipod last week Ipod touch 32G 3G and im really not contended with the protection of my ipod

right now my ipod has no invisible shield, do you think its advisable?? i have invisible shield on my psp but yes it shields the psp but itsalso prone from scratches...

what do you think, should i put invisible shield and a belkin protection or just stick with the rubberized cover..
  2. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    invisible shield. imo, all other things have at least some chance of scratching it. if you worried, you can always put a soft case over the IS.
  3. Exhonour

Exhonour New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'd say get a cover and screen protectors (belkin cuz they come with 3), if ot gets scratched really bad, let it be, put on a new one. If you put on that invisible shield, it looks like bullsh*t to me cuz its not gonna protect against collisions or falls and will probably get ruined if u put on a case or something.
  4. wadded

wadded Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I will personally vouch for unlubed Trojan's
    anyways screen protectors suck because they will scratch while my glass screen of my 1g is scratch free after a whole life in my pocket with my keys
    I had a screen protector and it got extremly scratched within a month making it hard to watch videos
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Heh, that's why i try to keep my pockets clear of keys and change so they won't scratch my iPod Touch and cellphone

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Hellishness

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    lol i gotta get a condom for my iphone one day.
  7. psg

psg New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    thnx for giving me options..
  8. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Lol to this^

Anyway, get the clear skin thingy it'll help protect your ipod.
  9. jerejuana

jerejuana New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Get the invisibleSHIELD. Honestly, it not only prevents your iPod from scratches, but also it does not scratch itself. It also has a lifetime guarantee incase it does scratch.

Just be careful installing it. Make sure you get it aligned correctly and slide the shield in place when you have sprayed it and laid it on the iPod (don't lift it up and put it back down as it will get dust). Also a good tip to keep the corners flattened is to use saran wrap around all four edges. I didn't know this when I installed mine and now the top 2 corners are sticking up (dust gets in).

Otherwise, the IS is amazing! Like you get to feel the sexiness (*cough*) of the actual iPod without risking getting it scratched or making it soo bulky

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Hellishness

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah. to summarize, cases get scratched, scratch the ipod, and require cleaning and such, and add bulk. invisibleshields dont. they dont offer as much drop protection, which is worth noting so i dont seem biased.