Protecting Photo folders

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by flyfennix@gmail.com, Nov 22, 2007.

1. flyfennix@gmail.com

flyfennix@gmail.com New Member

Is there a way to protect a folder? Let's say I let a friend borrow my Ipod and I don't want him seeing certain pictures.... Is there a way for me to protect myself from someone borrowing my ipod and him finding... well hmm pictures of his sister?

(i dont actually have pictures of friend's sisters.. the example was only used for dramatic purposes)

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. JustoHermano

JustoHermano New Member

the only way is to take the pics off
  3. Shade

Shade New Member

Ssh into it and make a folder in one of the starting places in finder. then hide finder in customize so you have to use ilauncher to get to finder and then navigate to the folder which is pretty secure( use preview to look at the photos)
  4. pipdipchip

pipdipchip New Member

I just uploaded them to a remote place on my iPoT and then used the Picture program to view them. No one using my iPod is smart enough to figure out how to find them.
  5. rvchamne

rvchamne New Member

or ya know... don't put incriminating photo's of you and your cat on there.....
  6. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Damn...Going to have to remove those.
  7. bowman13139

bowman13139 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I really dont know why you so far havent been able to password protect anything in ipodtouch, i think we need an .EXC restriction app that stops you from opening apps with out a password, or stops photo folders from getting opened