Pros and Cons of PS3 and Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Kohkane, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Kohkane

Kohkane New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, so far I haven't had a good experience with the 360. RROD, 2rings. So I just wanted to get everyones opinion on the PS3 and Wii. What do you guys like about it what are the pros/cons etc.. I'm really tempted to get the Wii.
  2. Winzle

Winzle New Member

I don't know I have a Wii and yeah it was cool and exciting for the first three months or so but then it just sort of simmered down and we hardly use it anymore, maybe its just me, Its probably because we don't have many games for it and most of whats available is more for kids. I will say that Zelda twilit princess and metroid 3 corruption or whatever its called were awesome games definitely worth buying. The vote and Mii channels for the Wii are also pretty cool i still use them from time to time. Overall I like my Xbox 360 better but hey it's up to you. I don't know to much about the PS3, though I've heard good things, except for its lack of games.
  3. Kohkane

Kohkane New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Do you need the wiispeak thing for the mii channels or can you use an onscreen keyboard like the ps3 and 360?
  4. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had a wii, it was awesome for a few weeks, but then I ended up selling it.

Now I have a ps3 and a 360.
  5. Winzle

Winzle New Member

You use an onscreen keyboard when necessary I don't know the exact question your trying to ask but i hadn't heard of wii speak until now so i had to go google it (lol) and i don't think you need it because i never did.
  6. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Wii's graphics stink. :[
  7. Winzle

Winzle New Member

I'll admit they're not top notch, but Wii is more user friendly and easy to navigate
  8. iSaint

iSaint New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    in my opinion, the wii is the king of all holidays because it is the most user friends and easiest to use for little kids and stuff

on the other hand, i think 360 and ps3 are for real gamers

and the only thing that separates the two are free online and a handful of games that either console cannot play on the other...and rrod haha
  9. Your Everyday Hacker

Your Everyday Hacker Banned

Pretty much the same as everyone above; it was awesome for maybe a month or two, or when a new GOOD game came out [Super Smash Bros Brawl, Animal Crossing : City Folk].

PS3 has been much better then my experience with both Wii's and 360's. My 360 was really fun, Halo 3 online. Then the HDD failed, the disk drive was a little messed up, games constantly froze.

For PS3, nothing bad has gone wrong, each game I have so far is actually worth playing, graphics are amazing, Online is FREE [well it is on Wii too, but...], it's not a necessity to get a separate fan. You can't even play movies or music on a Wii..that was a big disappointment. :\

Go with a PS3 ;D
  10. Kohkane

Kohkane New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well i don't need to play DVD or music on my console

Please Register or Log in to view images

Come on people..more opinions ^-^ Also, I've been thinking of getting the PS3 but 70bucks per game? jeeesus..