Proper Method? Let's Simply Things..

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by cevanz, Jan 31, 2008.

1. cevanz

cevanz New Member

I've upgraded to 1.1.3, restored to 1.1.1 and repeated this process somewehre between 5 and 8 times in the past 3 days. I've copied songs over and installed Apps twice only to have something go wrong. I have no problem restoring it back to 1.1.1 and starting over because I have all my music backed up, and 3 hours to get music and Apps back on iPoT isn't that long.

My questions are these:
    A. is there a stable version of JB 1.1.3?
    B. Is there any preparation I need to do before upgrading to 1.1.3?

I've read all sorts of threads and posts on this topic, but it seems like each method is slightly different, and doing/not doing one step can completely change things. Here's the method I've been doing, I'd appreciate if y'all could correct me or confirm what i'm doing is right..

Restore to 1.1.1, jailbreakme.com on Safari, install Oktoprop, Upgrade to 1.1.2 in iTunes (7.5), JB 1.1.2, install BSD subsystem and OpenSSH, install BossTools (move Fonts, Ringtones and Applications), added ipodtouchmaster repo to Sources and upgraded the JB 1.1.3 with Apps.

Am I missing somethere here? I'd appreciate all of your help mates. Cheers
  2. tomcatt1

tomcatt1 New Member

3. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

been there. done that