Project Natal Priced at $149

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by qaiz, May 26, 2010.

?

Are you going to buy Natal?

1. Yes! Of Course I will!

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Maybe,Depends on the Price...

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. Never!

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Time for Video game rumors!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Would any of you pay $149 USD for Project Natal? Well according to a report from Edge, that's the price point current Xbox 360 owners should expect to pay when the much-hyped motion sensing camera from Microsoft launches later this year.

Edge, citing a "trusted source," the same individual who fed the outlet details on Gears of War 3's coming out party, also claims the Project Natal accessory will be available as a bundle. The Xbox 360 Arcade version of the console, plus Natal, will reportedly arrive at $299 USD. Xbox 360 Arcade units are currently going for $199 USD, with a pair of games included.

Natal at $149 may be a better deal than the amount some European retailers were attaching to the device, a price tag that Microsoft called "pure speculation." But at fifty bucks shy of the console itself and a couple games, it ain't cheap.

Anyway, Microsoft has big hopes for its new motion-control system. And so do game developers. Earlier this year, Michael Hayes, the president of Sega West, said in an interview that his company would release "several" games for the Natal. “My guess is that in the next two years plus, you will see some brilliant innovations [with Natal]," Hayes predicted.

Whether it's too rich for your blood depends on your financial circumstances, but early reaction to the price doesn't appear to be overwhelmingly positive.Do you want to buy Natal at this Price?

Find out more at E3.

2. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If I'm too poor for Live, you think I can afford this?
  3. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yeah,I guess it depends if this is you priority or not,I mean compared to PlayStation Move and Wii motion plus,this is cheap. Remember this is a one time payment,Move is $100 for a PSeye camera and the controller,and after that,you have to pay $59 for each additional controller.

Wii motion plus is like $80(?) Per controller.

Natal is still quite expensive,but for what it does,Its worth it.
  4. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The price on this WILL go down. When I got my elite it was just shy of $500 now its $300. Everything goes down in price and I expect this to go down very fast.
  5. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yup,exactly.But remember,This will be released around Christmas time. Most of the damage will be done to peoples wallets by then,I suspect stores will be sold out in days (pre-orders etc)

The fate really depends on E3.
  6. Led

Led Banned

The Wii motion plus (add on, not the controller) is $20.

Motion controls are a gimmick. In all honesty, I think this will be the worst of the motion-controlled crop.
  7. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I agree with you mate, But I am damn excited about it. Not for what it will be used for (ie gaming) but for what it could be used for.The potential of these products are pretty cool.

I wont go in to all the details,as you probably know of them already.Natal can recognize your voice and face.Imagine for example walking in front of your TV and it automatically recognizes you and shows all the channel you like,Or you sit in front of your PC/Mac and it automatically logs you in etc.

And with the Motion control without a controller,Imagine controlling your Tv without having to find that lost controller?

I know their are flaws and what not,but people said the same about Touch screen phones(no buttons for games = appstore fail,no proper keyboard) and the same was, and still is said in conjunction with 3D Tv's.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun?
  8. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Depends on how great the games look.
  9. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Exactly! A lot of people just look at the device and dismay it without thought. Its the games that matter most!

10. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yay! I'm gonna hurry up and not get it!