Project Natal price?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by qaiz, May 17, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

At least three Swedish retailers are listing a price for the upcoming Xbox 360 motion controller Project Natal, and it's not good.

While a few UK sources were telling MCV that the motion controller would run at $80, perhaps even less, the three Swedish retail sites are all listing the device for 1,499 SEK, which works out to just under a whopping $200. Now keep in mind a $60 game runs nearly $80, but that's still a pretty penny if it's correct.

There's also a very strong possibility that this is a placeholder price. I certainly hoping that's the case, but I don't see a lot of people lining up to buy a peripheral that costs as much as the console that uses it.

I have actually heard many people say it is in fact a placeholder price,but It will be very interesting to see how this turns out.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Site:http://www.webhallen.com/spel/xbox_360/
    http://www.game.se/acatalog/NATAL_360_Xbox_360.html
  2. JadaSki

JadaSki Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ha, i don't see people buying this if its as much as the xbox itself.
  3. Aiwa

Aiwa Well-Known Member

I read in a magazine quite a while ago, they were going to sell it for about £80. I thought that was abit steep, Microsoft are asking too much, hence why I don't have a ps3.
  4. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It won't be that expensive, they're aiming at it being cheap.
  5. Aiwa

Aiwa Well-Known Member

I still think it will be 60+
  6. JadaSki

JadaSki Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    that makes no sense?
  7. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    MS charges $100 for a wireless adapter and $100-$130 for hard-drives. Why would anyone expect Natal to break that trend? They literally just tossed generic routers and hard drives in custom cases and charge twice as much for them. I mean, if they are charging that much for hard drives and wireless adapters imagine how much they'd charge for something they had to spend an ass load of money to develop.

MS nor Sony can compete with the Wii price wise. They don't even try, but they compete with each other. The move is rumored to be $80, if I remember? Just for the main controller! you still need an PS eye and the nunchuch controller. That's close to $200 just for one person to play, add more players and the price goes up! $200 for Natal is a steal in comparison, since you don't need to buy another one for a second, third or fourth person.
  8. Aiwa

Aiwa Well-Known Member

How's it make no sense?
    I was clearly stating, they announced they were selling it for £80 and I thought it was abit steep..
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Lmao, my exact thoughts.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    He's saying that your statement: "Microsoft are asking too much, hence why I don't have a ps3" doesn't make sense. Microsoft makes XBOX 360, not PS3.
  10. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    @ jimbeam
    Nah the the move controller is supposed to be $60, and the camera eye in the $20/30 range. They (sony) also said, that a package of move controller and ps eye camera would be selling for under $100 (which very well could be 99 or 80 dollarrs) but still i think it is a pretty decent price considering what you are getting. For all we know the Navigation controller could be included with the Move