program to clean up metadata

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by unlimitedx, Dec 9, 2008.

1. unlimitedx

unlimitedx New Member

songs in my itunes are not tagged correctly and it annoys me. is there some sort of program that automates part of the process instead of me going in there to change them manually one at a time?
  2. Bookoffski

Bookoffski New Member

You should check out TuneUp: http://www.tuneupmedia.com/

Its a great plug in for itunes that fixes all your whack meta data (album art, artist name, track, etc) plus has some cool features - like concerts and videos. There is a tour on the website.
    They have been out for PC for awhile... but tomorrow (Dec. 11th) TuneUp is going to launch their Mac version publicly! I have been on the beta for a month now - and its great. Totally worth it

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. unlimitedx

unlimitedx New Member

Thanks! I got a chance to use the trial version. One thing that was annoying is that is kept labeling a lot of songs with a collections album (such as "now that's what i call music" which is very annoying!). i wish it gave options for which album to choose from.
  4. Bookoffski

Bookoffski New Member

Yeah I know what you mean about compilations. There are a few hiccups with that. Although, they're constantly adding fixes and making changes. So perhaps within the next couple of months there will be an option to select from a choice of multiple options. (crossyourfingers)