program to allow more than 84 applications on 1.1.3/4?

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by freelancer91, May 16, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, as many of you people who use 1.1.3/4 know, there is a limit of about 84 applications on your ipod reguardless of whether you are using categories or if you have used bosstools to symlink. For some reason, the ipod won't allow it. Firmwares before 1.1.3 could go over this limit, but Apple changed something to not allow that. I heard that there are a complicated series of putty/terminal commands that will allow more applications. Is this true? If so, please post them here. And for those who don't want to do the complicated commands, how about an application/fix that will automatically execute these commands. This would be very appreciated. There are a lot of us people out here who are applications junkies but don't want to have to go back to previous firmwares. I haven't gone back because I'm afraid that a lot of the applications won't be compatible. I'm having to get rid of applications that I like to get new ones. As I once mentioned on the IRC, it's like choosing which kids you have to eat to survive a brutal winter. Its a choice that I don't want to have to make.

for the tl;dr readers: Make a fix to allow more than 84 applications on 1.1.3/4.
  2. Killers16

Killers16 New Member

3. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    don't rub salt into the wound....

EDIT: btw, is there a limit on 1.1.1/2? If so, what is it?
  4. Killers16

Killers16 New Member

sorry lol but i had to mention it

Please Register or Log in to view images

and as for the limit...i havnt hit it yet...but i heard somewhere that its 9pages....dno about the dock tho so must be around 144+
  5. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what if you use Categories to group multiple apps under a single icon? Do you think that the limit will still apply?
  6. Killers16

Killers16 New Member

in 1.1.1 i don't really know...i would say it will work until you run out of available space...i have 4 gigs left so im not 2 worried at the moment...
  7. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    its extremely tempting to downgrade from 1.1.4 to 1.1.1 to get more apps, but I don't know what applications aren't compatible with 1.1.1....
  8. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

where is this supposed limit? i no theres a limit of 9 pages, but i only have 3 pages of apps one line each and im on 1.1.4
    i have over 60 apps in total, i just use a combination of poof and dock

who actually wants their screen cluttered anyway?
  9. Killers16

Killers16 New Member

i use vipfreaks V3 theme so it dsnt luk cluttered at all

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The lmits that I know of are 78 (excluding the dock) applications on the springboard WITHOUT Categories. With Categories and Bosstool, 88 folders in the application folder.

EDIT: btw, categories is designed to make it less cluttered by putting applications on categories of your choice. I set up mine to have a Media, Tools, Games, Installers, School, Toys, Network, Original Apps, and System category. When you add the categories, poof, music and videos icons (which are not in any category folders) I have a total of 13 icons on my springboard, including the dock.