Product Service Plan (PSP) and Best Buy.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andeh, Sep 11, 2009.

1. andeh

andeh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Product Service Plan (PSP) and Best Buy regarding iPod 3gen.

I posted a thread a looooooooooong time ago asking about how Best Buy's Product Service Plan (PSP) worked. I was a fool and I didn't know it was different from their Product Replacement Plan (PRP). Oh well.

I have a feeling the battery on my 1st gen 32gb Touch will start giving out in the near future, since some other users have mentioned similar issues, and I want to know what to expect.

Let's say Best Buy eventually decides to give me a 3rd gen Touch. What model would they give me? Would they trade my 1gen 32gb for a 3gen 32gb because it's the same size? Or would they trade my 1gen 32gb for a 3gen 64gb because of the new product tiers (1gen -> 8/16/32gb, 3gen -> 8/32/64gb)?

Ideally I would end up with a 3gen 64gb since I had bought the third-tier product over a year ago. Anyone run into a similar situation, or would know how this would go?
  2. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Iiiiii don't know about all that.... I would think they would give you another 1G if anything. I HIGHLY doubt they'll just say," ok here's your 3G".

You ever thought about just replacing the battery?? (I know how to)
  3. andeh

andeh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Haha, well, the point here is that should my 1gen ever go out on me, I would hope they'd (eventually) give me a current-gen model.

With Best Buy's Product Service Plan, when you bring your iPod in:

1st time: They'll send it out for repair.
    2nd time: They'll give you a refurbished model.
    3rd time: They'll give you a new one.

Although from what I've heard, some people have just gotten a new one the first time they bring it in since it's easier. And as long as my Product Service Plan remains in effect, I'm not gonna be trying any repairs myself.

Please Register or Log in to view images