ProClip holder for iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by cesjr, Dec 12, 2007.

1. cesjr

cesjr New Member

Once ProClip released their iPod Touch holder I decided to order one. I've heard nothing but great things about ProClip and the holder seems to have all the features I want.

My only concern is how snug the holder with hold the iPod. I don't want my iPod to slide out when the holder is rotated horizontally.

I'll post a short review and some pictures once it arrives.
  2. deltaspecops

deltaspecops New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    grreat! i was thinking about purchasing one as well!
  3. cesjr

cesjr New Member

Well my ProClip holder and mount arrived in the mail today. I am very impressed with the quality. I purchased the holder with the tilt swivel which is absolutely necessary for proper viewing angle adjustment. I'm also happy to report the holder holds on tight, I am not worried about my iPod sliding out while driving. However it may have a tighter fit due to the Invisible Shield. The tilt swivel itself is made out of metal; a center adjusting screw sets how freely the swivel moves. As I was driving home tonight my iPod appeared to float, very nice.

Overall I'm very happy with this mount. Pictures to come.
  4. Zero260

Zero260 New Member

Sweet man. How does the clip work? Could you also post up pics of the back attached to your dash.

Also, where did you purchase it? I hear the mount and holder are sold seperately.
  5. cesjr

cesjr New Member

Yeah I definitely need to take pictures of it. The mount itself will be specific to your vehicle. I have a '97 Monte Carlo, and the mount hooks under the stereo bezel, and the upper part hooks on to the air conditioner and blower control openings. It's extremely solid and only takes a second to install, no tools needed for the mount.

I purchased from ProClip's website. It's very easy; you first select your vehicle specific mount, and then select the iPod Touch holder. (They are sold separately, but I got mine together.)
  6. Zero260

Zero260 New Member

Yeah I hope they have mounts in stock for my Mustang. Thanks for the info.

How was their customer service, quick delivery?
  7. cesjr

cesjr New Member

Very quick delivery, and I purchased the iPod Touch holder the day it became available.

Here's a picture of the mount and holder.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sorry for the poor pic, I took this picture with my phone and there was horrible lighting.
  8. beantl

beantl New Member

I have the iClear case on my Touch. I wonder if this will setup with still work with ProClip holder?
  9. atomsk

atomsk New Member

Chevy Llumina?^^^

take pics from the side please
  10. cesjr

cesjr New Member

Probably the same interior, that's the dash of my '97 Monte Carlo. I'll try to get some pics of the side.