Probs with installing new apps

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Accu, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Accu

Accu New Member

Hi I have an iPod Touch 1.14. jailbreaked.
    Everything runs smooth so far. I install applications via the installer. But every now and then when I quit the installer I see the hour glas and when I reboot the device it does not come up again. I simply hangs so that I need to set the entire device back. Any idea why this happens? Or how I can figure out which applications run on my iTouch?

How do I install mail or the wheather app? I mean I see it in the application folder but it doesnt show up on my springbreak dashboard.

Any ideas?

THX for the help
  2. ipodtouchhaxer

ipodtouchhaxer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. bobthehacker

bobthehacker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ok first of all there is no such thing as 1.14. its 1.1.4!
    now what do you mean by "I need to set the entire device back"? restore?

most applications run on the ipod touch but some of them donut work on 1.1.4! when you try to install an app thats not for your fw (1.1.4) installer will give you a message saying "this app requires fw 1.1.1/2/3"

and man lol what the hell is a "springbreak dashboard " its called the springboard lol!
    you need to explain yourself better! give me more info and i will do my best to help you

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ipodtouchhaxer

ipodtouchhaxer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Dude, don't be so mean. Seriously.
    Its his first post.
  5. stewie2280

stewie2280 New Member

.....lol springbreak dashboard and what hourglass are you talking about?
  6. dle24

dle24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    it is springbreak lol
  7. Accu

Accu New Member

Ok sorry for the wrong wording - it is my first day with the ipod touch and in this forum.
    Thanks for the help concerning the new sources. I've done it and it worked fine for me.
    The only problem which still persists is that: If I install something which is not meant to go under 1.1.4 than sometimes it give a error message that it can't be installed and sometimes the system lets me install this. When I then quit the installer I see that circle (dont know the name of this. In the Windows world it is called hour glass) This 'loading circle' does not go off anymore. Then I hard reset the ipod but it doesn't come up anymore. Means I need to reinstall the entire device. This happened at least 15 times now.
    Any help on that issue?
  8. bobthehacker

bobthehacker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    wtf! what the hell are you talking about? "mean"? what part of my reply was "mean"? im just trying to help him by explaining the proper names for the spring board ect.. and when he gives more information and explains himself clearer i will do all i can to help him.
  9. bobthehacker

bobthehacker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    thats ok you made us lol
    i still cant fully understand your problem! but try this when you try to install something and you get an error click install on aney package you want then you se a slide up menu that says install/clear queue/cancel click clear queue that should solve most things!
    do you mean when you restart your ipod and the spinning circle doesn't come up any more and then you restore it?

10. thomasy93

thomasy93 New Member

I understood his whole post, even he used some unfamiliar words. So dont fking bash him for not knowing the right words.

I do not know the answer tho, sorry