Problems with WiFi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mattradickal, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Mattradickal

Mattradickal New Member

Alright so I just got my iPod touch, jailbroke it, installed a bunch of apps, was extremely happy with it. But out of the blue, I lost the ability to connect to my house's WiFi. I tried everything I could think of. I restarted the iPod many times, toggled the WiFi setting on and off, I even restored my iPod back to 1.1.1 to see if that would help. Still nothing.
    The strangest thing is, I went to a McDonalds today and connected to their WiFi just fine, except for the fact that they charge you to move past their stupid homepage

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this thing? I really want to get this online again, especially because I now have to re-jailbreak the thing. Help!
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Please search, this has been brought up countless times before.

Go to settings> wireless> then click the blue arrow next to your network's name and set the number you see for router (should be 192.168.1.1 if you have a linksys router, or something similar if you don't), and set it as DNS. Just delete the numbers that are already there.
  3. Mattradickal

Mattradickal New Member

I did that, and it did not work. I've been searching the forums and I still cant find anything
  4. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    no idea dood
  5. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Does it work since it worked at McDonald's?
  6. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Now how is that a useful comment?

Do you have any other wireless devices to verify that it is your iPod, not your network?

Try unplugging your router and wireless router for about a minute, plug them back in and connect to your internet from your ipod (it can take a couple of minutes for the network to boot up). Then go to the network's options and click "renew lease."
  7. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

If it doesn't work after the McDonald's incident - go back to McDonald's and try it again.

EDIT: SENIOR MEMBER!