problems with wi-fi again

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lethalvenom97, Mar 31, 2008.

1. lethalvenom97

lethalvenom97 New Member

so my wi-fi connects to my network properly, but when I open safari it keeps saying "error: operation cannot be completed"

I took it to bestbuy and the internet worked fine, but when I brought it back home the same problem occurs, any ideas on what's going on?
  2. lethalvenom97

lethalvenom97 New Member

can anyone help me?
  3. onyxd

onyxd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the problem is in your wifi connection at home...

try using other devices with wifi if they can also connect to the internet... if that is the case, try to look at the internet properties of those devices and compare it to your ipod... sometimes it needs proxies and stuff so need to find out the root of the problem...

nothing is wrong with your ipod since it can connect and surf to other networks like you said...

also try to search here about dns servers (opendns.com) in your wifi settings...
  4. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Disable the MAC address filter from the router. And no I'm not talking about the PC company Mac.
    MAC is Media Access Control

Step by step guide to see your MAC addresses: (WINDOWS ONLY)

1. Click Start
    2. Select Run
    3. In the Open: text box of the Run dialog, type cmd
    4. Click OK.
    5. At the DOS prompt, type ipconfig/all
    6. Press Enter

Your computer should display a dialog similar to the one below. The line labeled "Physical Address" represents the MAC address. In some cases, you may see more than one MAC address. As example, with my notebook, I can see two addresses. One represents the built-in Ethernet card and the other my wireless network card.