Problems with theme wallpaper

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Laxborder88, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Laxborder88

Laxborder88 New Member

To start off let me just say I am using someone elses theme, and have basically mixed and matched different icons and docks that I wanted into this theme to make it look the way I desired.

Using SMB I have deleted the current wallpaper, and have made my own wallpaper to use, but it just doesn't seem to work. I made the wallpaper itself and it comes from a scanned image. my SSH looks like so:

I am in: /private/var/mobile/Library/summerboard/themes/Erik's theme/

Icons folder
    Dock.png
    Wallpaper.png <--thats my wallpaper obviously.

I have changed ALL permissions in EVERYTHING in what I call "Erik's Theme" to 0755 including the wallpaper. My problem is when I go to set my wallpaper in SMB to "Theme Wallpaper" and in advanced "Wallpaper" turning them both "ON" the wallpaper may or may not come up but my icons just blur out from side to side, like a deck of cards would look, as I move from screen to screen

any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. 8gigaPodTouch

8gigaPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok, what FW are u on?

Please Register or Log in to view images

try to go here /private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
  3. Laxborder88

Laxborder88 New Member

sorry i'm on firmware 1.1.4 thats why I go through the mobile part I beleive
  4. Laxborder88

Laxborder88 New Member

i figured out that my pic is the problem and nothing else and I don't exactly know why but still trying to figure that out

edit: K so i'm prett sure the problem is that it's a jpeg and not png, I tried getting some program to change this and it was totally stupid because I was all like OH WOW A TRIAL VERSION! but it put a huge watermark on my picture so no dice for me... anyway.... Know any easy way of doing this??