Problems with Staticy Music while playing games, etc.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LlamaFragments, Oct 8, 2008.

1. LlamaFragments

LlamaFragments New Member

I'm having a problem with my brand new, shiny iPod Touch 2g.

I frequently like to listen to music while playing games, for example, Cube Runner. But with most of my games, I get this sort of staticy sound when I turn the volume off on the app. The ones that I notice this on are Cube Runner, PapiJump, PapiRiver, Line Rider, and a couple others. I included a sound file that starts out with no games playing, and the last part is with Cube Runner running. I believe that this is a software problem, but what do you think?

Edit: Oh, and I have tried restarting the thing.

Attached Files:

2. redwagon

redwagon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've noticed this also.
    While playing cube runner, i turn off the ingame music to listen to my own. But its unbarable due to the static, its really weird. Hopefully it gets fixed..
  3. LlamaFragments

LlamaFragments New Member

What sort of iPhone/iPod Touch do you own? I'm thinking this is a software problem because of how inconsistent it is. When you run more RAM- and processor-intensive applications the sound doesn't have that static... One of the things I think might be the problem is the way in code that the games are allowing the music to play is making some sort of frequency--I don't know. It could be anything.
  4. redwagon

redwagon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ipod Touch 2g ^
  5. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Yeah i noticed it too, I was too lazy to read thw whole thing, but I get a lot of static with the speakers