Problems with SSH (WinSCP)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mrsomebody65, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mrsomebody65

mrsomebody65 New Member

I have been using WinSC to SSH into my ipod touch 2g for a while now, but suddenly it has stopped working. I know that my SSH is on, and I have tried reinstalling several things... Nothing helps. When I go into WinSCP, it shows the "Ipod" login that I put it when I first started using the program. When I click on the "login" button however, up comes a white screen. After a few seconds of the white screen I get a message; "Network Error: Connection timed out." Can anybody give me any advice? I have been able to easily connect to my ipod in the past.

I don't know if this really helps, but I also havn't been able to use the app store app "Mocha VNC Lite" either. But the VNC app stopped working a long time before SSH did. Help wold be appreciated...

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. couragetogrow

couragetogrow New Member

I had this exact same problem for a while, but I had it figured out (at least for me). WinSCP would not connect. Im pretty sure that you have to open up an app that uses the WiFi. For instance, if I have AIM up, WinSCP will have a much easier time connecting to the ipod. I think that this is because iPod, at least mine, will sometimes drop the wifi signal even though it appears to have full bars. But if you are running an app that uses WiFi (AIM), then it is sure to be active
  3. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Check your IP, chances are it's dynamic and the digit at the end has changed.
    My IPs last digit constantly alternates between 1,2,3 and 4.
  4. PriteSprite

PriteSprite Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I was the opposite. It didn't work for me in the beginning and after like 2 weeks it started working.