Problems with SSH in 2.2

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jdawson, Nov 29, 2008.

1. jdawson

jdawson New Member

Make a long story very short... I have had few issues with getting SSH working in the past. I upgraded to 2.2 and ssh worked for the first day and then it stopped working.

I get connected to the SSH and then bang it disconnects me long before I even get to login. I need to transfer files to my ipod touch and I would like to get SSH working again but if I can't is there another option I could use to copy files into the file system?

All the best,

Joe
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

do you have mac or pc?
  3. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try and reboot your router... it works for me all the time! i mean, turn it off for a couple of seconds, or maybe a minute...
  4. jdawson

jdawson New Member

Thanks for the quick replies...

I am sorry I should have said I have a PC. I also use SSH to access other systems so I know my SSH clients are working. That said I do have a few clients I tried just to make sure and I know all of them work well when everything is working correct.

I thought i was the only person who had the odd issue that every blue moon fixing it required a router re-set. Yes I did try that because I did have that problem once before back in the 1.1.4 days.

But this time I have uninstalled and reinstalled SSH a few times. Used the boss preferences to ensure ssh is running and done every logical thing I can think of (short of blowing it away and starting over... and i really don't want to do that yet!)

I just need a way to transfer files to the device.

All the best,

Joe
  5. brookes

brookes New Member

There is another application and program you could use it's called Datacase, it works on both Mac's and PC's.
    Link:
    http://www.veiosoft.com/

It costs £3.99 but what from ive heard about, it's great.... when you manage to set it up.

You have to download it through the Apple App store

If you decide to give it a try let me know.

T
  6. jdawson

jdawson New Member

Thanks for the idea...

But I need to put fines in a directory within the OS so that I can access the HTML files via the browser.

And you can't do that with datacase. If not for that it was a great idea though...

Thanks,

Joe
  7. brookes

brookes New Member

ill ask a mate thats quite good with these things then.
    have you tried reinstalling WinSCP?
    what username and password are you using?
  8. jdawson

jdawson New Member

This is what I know now...

When you go to connect with to the openssh server it disconnects before it finishes the first key exchange.

I have tried putty and many clients and all get disconnected before I get to the login prompt.

I have installed VSFTPD and that is allowing me to get the files (for now) into the device. It works and that is great. Not as secure as ssh (as ftp is unencrypted) but in a pinch it will work.

All the best,

Joe