Problems with quickpwn and pwangtool

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by GrrrBPD, Dec 24, 2008.

1. GrrrBPD

GrrrBPD New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I am having problems i have been trying now for 2 days to jailbreak my iphone to 2.2 firmware, so this is the problems i am having.

Quickpwn wont enter DFU mode properly when it does it does it stuff but nothing comes up on the iphone, tried unstalling and installing it downloded the firmware again still no joy.

Pwangetool I build the firmware just fine when I go to itunes and do a restore I get an error 21 every time.

I now have a non jailbroken iphone and love to know how I can solve this problems, because I'm kinda getting peed off the fact that I have never had a problem up until now thinking about just going back to 2.1 because i had a few problems but at least i could customize how it looks ect.
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Are you sure you're going into DFU mode correctly?

Follow the instructions on Quickpwn to the letter and you should be fine, or try on a different computer/usb port
  3. GrrrBPD

GrrrBPD New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    okay i'll give it another 100th go lol, i'm trying not to give up.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    No it does not work its driving me mad now, I was wondering can someone give me there custom 2.2 firmware for a iphone 2g please.

Thanks would be a great help.
  4. utun

utun New Member

hmm..DFU mode is just the final process on Quick PWN right?? that the Quick PWN told us to press the home button, home and Sleep button , etc.. if u do it correctly it works just fine..
  5. Teddyx

Teddyx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Do you have a new macbook? if so look into the new macbook issue, or even the upgrade for OSX has the same issue with DFU mode, check it out. the current version of quickpwn (as far as i know) has only worked with itunes 8.0, i would downgrade your itunes to 8.0 or 8.0.1 i think it works with aswell, and try again.. the newest version of itunes will not work with quickpwn i know for sure, and possibly thats what the problem is with pwnage tool, try it out.
  6. GrrrBPD

GrrrBPD New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    okay thanks for your help I will try it out again.

And just to wish all of you a merry xmas and a happy new year.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    just to say i have got it to work the problem was i have a mac 10.5.6, well they stop you putting your iphone in dfu mode but there is a fix and makes it work just fine.
  7. ignatescuadi

ignatescuadi New Member

Ok, so what is the fix?!!?!
  8. GrrrBPD

GrrrBPD New Member

Device:
    iPhone
  9. nikelaw22

nikelaw22 New Member

I have a 1st gen 8gb Ipod touch on Firmware 2.2. It bought it used. I tried to use quickpawn 2.2 and it could not find my ipsw. How do I find it ?
  10. GrrrBPD

GrrrBPD New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    make sure you have the 2.2 firmware downloaded to your desktop.