Problems with maps offline

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Garwin, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Garwin

Garwin New Member

Hi I have a problem with converting downloaded maps from "map this" to a file for the ipod touch app "maps ofline" by nam.
    Once it worked out with the converter that one finds in the "map this " application but now i downloaded a bigger map and the converting progress breaks up at like 4 percent and a warning popps up which says. "Error:database file is locked" or somethign like that. Do u know what i can do.
    I would really appreciate any help u give me cause i think this is one of the best apps for a jailbroken ipod touch.
  2. tellure

tellure New Member

In one of the tutorial videos Nambrot mentioned that sometimes Google will block the MapThis program from downloading (since it's downloading so much data they don't like it). He just said to "keep trying". Maybe try a slightly smaller segment?

Also, make sure you un-check the lowest zoom level before starting your download.. the iPhone/iPod Touch apparently can't read this level, so there's no point downloading it (and it contains a LOT of extra data).

tellure