problems with mail

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by touch101, Jan 13, 2008.

1. touch101

touch101 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ive had no problems with mail it was working perfectly but then it just didnt work. Ive tried renewing my email account, deleting the mail app and then reinstalling but none of this works. So i was wondering if anyone knows how to fix my problem it says it cant find the in.izymail.com server im using a hotmail.com account and i only sighned up for izymail a few weeks ago so I still have some trial time and I really dont know how to fix the problem.

Thx to whoever can help me
  2. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

Can't help you with you problem or maybe i can suggest this form apple site is what i do

Using Mail on the iPhone requires an account that supports POP3 or IMAP mail. But if your email doesn't have IMAP or POP3 support, like Hotmail or MSN mail, you can still check your email using Safari. Follow these steps to check your mail with Safari:

1. Press the Home button and tap Safari.
    2. Tap the address field at the top of the screen, type the web address (www.hotmail.com or www.msn.com for example) and tap Go. If you don't see the address field, tap the status bar at the top of the screen.
    3. If necessary, navigate to the login screen and then bookmark your webpage so that you can quickly return to your Hotmail or MSN email account at any time without having to retype the web address.
  3. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    dude its not the app its izymail after 30 days u have to pay for it and if u dont it just doesnt work so ull have to find some other way to use hotmail (sorry don know any) or u could get another e-mail
  4. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

just follow the direction above and you can check your hotmail through safari when signing in click save password/email and you won't have to enter it after you book mark it

disregard the iphone part just copied what was at apple.com and posted it didn't edit it out
    and follow steps 1 -3 you don't have to pay to do it this way but you won't have the app icon on your touch either
  5. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

there are many services like izymail...

go to google and search for pop rerouters...
  6. touch101

touch101 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thanks guys I'll try some of the suggestions you guys made