Problems with jailbreaking my ipod touch with vesrion.2.0.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aultamn, Aug 14, 2008.

1. aultamn

aultamn New Member

I have a problem adding "Installer" to ipsw. file.
    The things I did:
    1. Downloaded "WinPWN" and "iPod 1.1 2.0 5A345 Restore"

2. In WinPWN I clicked "Browse .IPSW". Then I choose the second thing that i downlaoded. (the ipsw file ).

3. Clicked IPSW builder. Chose to add "Installer". In the location where to save it, i chose desktop. It did the thing
    4. Clicked iPwner. Chose that file from desktop. Then it said "Your iTunes has been Pwned" or something like that..

5. I connected my ipod to the computer through usb. Launched Itunes. The iTunes recognized my touch. I held the home and sleep button on my touch until it turned off. When it did, iTunes couldnt see the touch, and I only held the home button then. It said that my ipod touch is in *** (bla bla bla) mode....

6. I held shift and clicked Restore. Choose the .ipsw that i made from winpwn.
    The thingys in the progress bar were moving. It said "Preparing to restore". AND HERE WAS THE PROBLEM!!!.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The this window showed up: The Ipod could not be restored. An Unkown error occured (6). - something like that!

I tried it like.... 10 TIMES and it still was the same? What can be the problem??
    Please help!

Thanks
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You need iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw, not 5A345.

Also, an error under 20 means that you are NOT in DFU mode, no matter how you put it. You need to put it in DFU mode correctly and try again.
  3. aultamn

aultamn New Member

But why 5A347? are you sure? is that for ipod touch?
    also.. I cant get to DFU mode!!!!
    How do i do it???? i tried it, and i got recovery mode!
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Becuase 5A347 is the final and community release build of 2.0. 5A345 is an invalid beta firmware.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84175

BTW, iTunes will still say that you are in recovery mode, but you are most likely in DFU if the screen is completely off and black.