problems with itunes gift cards

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by J-rad, Jan 1, 2010.

1. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi.
    I am wondering...and it may only be for the New Zealand gift cards or something but does anyone have problems with scratching the new gift cards?
    They have those rounded corner...grey rectangular scratch areas and the code underneath but in the period of 1 week, me any my cousin both had problems scratching them. We both did it as we normally do but the whole scratch section and code started flaking off. My cousin couldn't fix it but I managed to piece all the pieces together, carefully revealing the code on about 20 tiny flakes which took me at least an hour.

Any one else have similar or different problems with the gift cards?
  2. insidemann

insidemann New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    no, but i dont think i understand... the code part flaked off? usually i just take a coin and scratch it off...
  3. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah...they might be different around the world but in New Zealand..the code appears to be some sort of sticker thing...stuck to the gift card for ease of manufacture. The code is on a piece of clear plastic which has the sticky part on the other side. On top of the clear plastic is a dark gray plasticy sheet which you scratch off. The whole thing has these small on top, coins or fingernails or whatever get stuck in these and it flakes away due to the poor quality of the glue. A very poor design in my opinion.