iOS 3.1 Problems with iTouch 2G Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by qwerty58, Dec 16, 2009.

1. qwerty58

qwerty58 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recently tried to jailbreak my iTouch 2g using blackra1n. I am running firmware 3.1.2. It was successful. I then unplugged my iTouch from the computer, played with it for a little and then I rebooted it. I had to reboot it because an app required me to. I then tried to turn it back on and it doesn't. The screen only displays the Apple logo for about 7 seconds and then goes black. When I plug it in, Windows says "USB Device Not Recognized." Can anyone help me? I tried using DFU mode, but the iTouch doesn't stay on long enough. If you could provide links or a walkthrough, that would be great.

P.S. - If this cannot be fixed (which I hope it can), will I be able to take to an Apple Store to get it fixed. My one year warranty is not up yet. If the iTouch is fixed there, will they be able to tell I jailbroke it?
  2. SMASH

SMASH New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Qwerty the reason why it's not booting is because it's tethered which means you need to connect it to the computer to reboot it. Exactly how I forgot but I had the same issue back before the unteathered jailbreaks came out.

And for gods sake DO NOT bring your iPod to an apple store with a jailbreak on it and tell them it's broke. Jailbreaking an iPod is somewhat illegal and Apple REALLY dislikes it. If you ever have problems with it, completely wipe it then bring it back.

And no, they won't jailbreak it there at Apple.
  3. orangebull

orangebull New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same thing has happened to me, man. My battery died, so I tried connecting it with the computer and it would not connect because it does not stay on that long. It does not recognize as a USB device so iTunes cannot charge the battery. On top of that, blackra1n does not recognize it either.

Need some help guys... Both of us are stuck with an iPod that does not have enough to connect itself.
  4. Explosive

Explosive New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you guys SURE its a 2G?
  5. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Dont listen to those who say the 8GB that was released on 9/9/09 is just a 2G. It is a 3g without all the improvements, because this new one has a new bootloader that hasnt been opened or something...
    But anyways, unless you DID get a 3g but you thought it was a 2G and you turned it off, your iPod will not get past the recovery mode screen unless you use blackrain again while the iPod is on. Then the iPod should go back to the home screen again.
  6. orangebull

orangebull New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It is a 2G. I got it during July 09. Yeah so I have tried to connect it to Blackra1n again but the problem is that blackra1n just keeps on "waiting" because it is not recognizing my iPod.
  7. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    so wait the 2g jailbreak is tethered with blackra1n? I used pwnage tool so I'm clueless on the blackra1n jailbreak.
  8. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

No the 2G jailbreak is not tethered with blackra1n, I don't know why you guys keep saying it is. I did it a couple of days ago on my 2G & I turn it off & on without any problems.
  9. orangebull

orangebull New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Fixed it! I was too naive to try until yesterday, but when I tried to put my iPod into DFU mode on iTunes it ended up resuming the power back and it synced up again. I restored it and then jailbroke it again and it is back to normal now.