Problems with IPT3 (Mic/Voip, Speaker playing while plugged)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Vince87, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Vince87

Vince87 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi guys ! I have some problems with my brand new IPT3 32 gb, which was bought in replacement of my 2G 16 gb (stolen from my car). I'm really happy with the speed of this new gen, but had many problem as listed below :

- Never been able to do a voip call (jailbroken or not), the call is made (Im using Fring btw) but I have no sound (neither ringing or the other person voice). When my device is in unjailbroken state, I can use the voice memo app with the headset provided with it, but when its jailbroken with blackra1n RC3 I cant (I cannot use the headset volume control neither, but they are working in the unjailbroken state). I also get the "no mic plugged" message if I try to use siphon.

- Sometimes when the music is playing by the speaker and I'm plugging it in my car AUX cable, it keeps playing on the speaker and does not recognized that is has been plugged.. This happeneng while it was jailbroken the first that but it keeps happening now that I'm back to original state. It also played in both once, but the volume was lower on the car than usual (I had to put the volume to maximum in the headunit)

I didnt have any of these problems with the 2G ipod touch and this is pissing me off... I'm a big VOIP user since my girlfriends lives 300 km away from me and this is a long-distance call and I cant afford using my cellphone to call her...

Has any of these problem happen to you ??? I know that the "speaker keeps playing" problem is common with the ipt3, do you guys think its hardware related ? should I go to the appstore to have it exchanged ?

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate !

Vince
  2. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    One question about the headphones, are you sure your pluggin them in all the way, I know that sometimes, even if it's out a very slight amount it doesn't recognize it because the part that transfers the audio from the headphone mic is on the very end nearest the headphones. Also, have you tried restoring, that may solve your problems.
  3. Vince87

Vince87 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sure! The headphones are plugged all the way and yes it works when restored (unjailbroken) but stops working after jailbreak. Even though they work when restored, voip calls have no sound on either side...
  4. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    take it to apple. it sounds like theres something wrong with your earbuds or your ipod itself.
  5. zclintz

zclintz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have the same problem with voip. no sound in or out. my headphones and mic are fine tho cause icall works. give that app a try and see what happens. 5 min limit tho

Please Register or Log in to view images

I can't get fring or siphon to work at all.
  6. m4v3rick1988

m4v3rick1988 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have the same problem with mine (sound coming out of the speakers when I plug in headphones). I think I've managed to trace it to insomnia/keepawake in my case. I kill insomnia from the terminal, sleep the device, wait maybe 30 seconds, turn it back on and then my sound works as it should. Exact same problem with KeepAwake also.
  7. Mayfly

Mayfly New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Maverick are you serious? You made my day if this with insomnia is true? Sounds have been coming out of my ipod touch speakers and headphones at the same time at two different occasions today, and both times I have used insomnia before it happened. And I have restarted my whole ipod for making it go normal again. But this isn't easy when I am on the go outside of my home because I need blackra1n to boot my device... and carrying around a laptop everywhere is definately not funny.

How do you do when you say that you kill insomnia from the terminal? Are you just opening insomnia and switch from on to off and then sleep the device for 30 seconds?
    Thank you very much for solving this problem (if it works). Feel free to share your thoughts in this thread again when you have tested some more.
  8. Ubeans2001

Ubeans2001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    My iPod Touch 3G has been doing that same speaker when plugged in error... I was listening to music really loud in my headphones I picked up my iPod and felt it vibrating to the beat of my music, when I unplugged my headphones music was playing from it. I don't know why the iPod doesn't recognize the headphones but I solved it by unplugging and replugging them in. It's happened to me twice already. Hopefully its a software error and not the whole line of 3G iPods.
  9. m4v3rick1988

m4v3rick1988 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just played around with it some more.

Turning off insomnia and sleeping it etc. will work also.

I've also noticed that if you leave the headphones plugged you'll get another problem: Sound will no longer come out of the speakers . Furthermore, if you play with the volume controls, it will say that the headphones are plugged in, even if they aren't.

This is rather bothersome for me because I rely heavily on my iPod for communication with IM/VoIP while I'm out and about on campus.
  10. Vince87

Vince87 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    wow maverick I really need to know that command line to kill insomnia using terminal, I just realized that the sound problem was linked with insomnia..

and thanks zclintz for your suggestion.. icall works on my ipt3 but the delay it horrible, is it the same for everyone or is it only because I'm in Canada ?

Does anyone have an idea of what apple have changed on the ipt3 to make it unable to use voip apps and blocks the mic when jailbroken ? I'm surprised theres not any info on that on the web...

Ubeans : is your ipt3 jailbroken too ? I would like to know if this could be blackra1n-related or a problem with the 3rd generation..