problems with blackra1n or is it winterboard? downgrading

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rwandamark, May 23, 2010.

1. rwandamark

rwandamark New Member

$15 via paypal to who can help me with details

Hi, I hope you can help me--I think there is a more pervasive problem happening with making it rain, and it is because of either a) new updates to winterboard or b) itunes 9.1 (yes, I know they moved their libraries, and I have used blackbreeze, or blackra1n for itunes 9.1). Looking at forums, I am not alone.

Here is the background:
    Phone is 3Gs. Had 3.1.2 on it. Jailbroken/unlocked w/blackra1n. Using XP, itunes 9.1.
    After I downloaded the new winterboard update from Cydia, my phone went into restore mode. I happen to have updated itunes to 9.1, so I ran blackra1n for itunes 9.1, and it did go back to normal, and so I thought. At that time, I removed Winterboard through Cydia as well. Then, an hour later, someone was calling the iphone, and the phone just froze(couldn’t slide to unlock) while it kept ringing and ringing. Finally, I had to turn it off.

I then tried to do blackra1n multiple times (and did everything people have suggested such as running 2 occurences in a row, changing the USB, pressing home/on-off, etc. etc.). After 2 frustrating days, I had no choice but to restore my phone to itunes 3.1.3. Now, it also has modem firmware of 05.12.01.

Prior to this mess, I do have my SHSH on Cydia, version 3.1.2.

What is the best way to now jailbreak this again. I see things for Spirit, which doesn’t need tethering. Do I have to downgrade to 3.1.2, and if so, how do I do it?

If I do downgrade to 3.1.2, is it possible to unlock the phone?

Thanks,

Mark
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    THe reason it went to restore mode was because it was a 3GS, those phones have are tethered jailbreaks meaning you have to re-run the jailbreak program. Now that you on 3.1.3 only way to jailbreak is to this spirit, unlock blackra1n its untether so you don't have to rerun it.
  3. dude245

dude245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You cannot unlock it anymore, spirit will jb 3.1.3 and 3.1.2

If for some reason you want to downgrade, you must block apples activation server and use your file to downgrade(Google it )