iOS 3.1 Problems With Blackra1n.....Help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jonj5455, Jan 12, 2010.

1. jonj5455

jonj5455 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i update my touch firmware to 3.1.2 and after a perfect install of blackra1n on my itouch 2g i decided to uninstall it from my ipod....it uninstalled and the icon dissapeared from my springboard....after i turned my ipod of and on again....i still have to connect it to the pc and use blackra1n to start it up.....because of this i cannot restore my ipod as the ipod restart to prepare for the restore......i am wanting to downgrade back to 3.0.....any help wood be appreciated
  2. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    talking into consideration that ur iPod.Touch 2G is not MC model n u upgraded from 2.x/3.x to 3.1.2 u can use DFU mode to downgrade ur iPod.Touch. Connect ur device n open iTunes, now hold the power n home button until the iPod reboots. U'll hear device disconnected sound. Keep holding the both button until u hear new device connected sound. When u hear that, release the power button but still holding the home button until iTunes tell u that it has detected ur iPod in recovery mode. Right now, ur iPod's screen should be black with backlight on. Now u can Shift+Restore to 3.0 ipsw! Good luck
  3. jonj5455

jonj5455 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had already tried this with no luck...all i get is an unknown error (1601) from itunes....i have also tried re-installing blackra1n but the icon does not appear...any ideas ??
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    lol got it sorted...but i can only restore to 3.1.2.....is there any way to downgrade as the method above isnt working....

cheers
  4. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    make sure u have iTunes 8.2.x n ur iPod.Touch is in DFU mode. it will work then. 9.x won't downgrade below 3.1.x!