Problems with Ad-Hoc Wifi after Update...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sophieslover92, Jan 25, 2008.

1. sophieslover92

sophieslover92 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi everyone.
    I've recently updated my iPod Touch to 1.1.3 and jailbreaked it. The Problem is, i can't connect to my Wifi-Connection anymore. With 1.1.2 i followed this tutorial http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12502&highlight=Wifi
    and it worked. Well had some issues, becuase i couldn't use decyrption, or passwords, and also everytime i connected it first said: "Couldn't connect to ... " but after pressing OK it worked. Now, after updating it's almost the same. I connect, it says "I can't connect", i ignore that, go to safari, open up google and it works. For like 2 seconds. And than i loose the connection. Can anybody help me with this Problem?!?!? I mean, it worked before i updated.
  2. gdeter

gdeter New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have the same problem. I'm using my laptop as an access point and it use to work fairly well before 1.1.3. Now I get "Unable to Connect" the first attempt, then I just hit join again and it goes through. I can ping my ipod and even connect with SSH, but the minute I try to go to Safari it says it can't find the server and the connection shuts down.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. C4rL05

C4rL05 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yep, I have the same problem, my conection works only about 2 secs and then lost conection. I canĀ“t even update installer sources. Please some help

4. rickflava

rickflava New Member

it seems i am not the only one with this problem - i thought i was doing something wrong.can anybody who has an idea on how to solve this problem help your fellow ipod buddies out.please and thank you!!!
  5. rodiabloalmeida

rodiabloalmeida New Member

Well, I had exactly the same problem as you. Tried to update and jailbreak 3 times to 1.1.3. But I could not find a way to solve the wifi adhoc issues and could not find any help for this on the web, so I got back to 1.1.2 until someone give us a clue about this. If anyone has an idea about what to do on our case, please please help us. This problem is driving me crazy