Problems with 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Nevermind42592, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Nevermind42592

Nevermind42592 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    [READ] Problems with 2.0

I was one of the people who downloaded the 2.0 firmware files (5A347) for the ipod touch off of apple's phobos site. These are some of the problems that have shown up.

Some of the problems that occured previously are now fixed, probably due to less traffic on the iTunes network.

Anything in RED is yet to be fixed, GREEN is now working

The Problems:

-Youtube needs to connect to a computer with internet (I have already done this but it hasn't helped) WORKS NOW

Please Register or Log in to view images

FIX: Plug iPod into computer, wait a few minutes for it to show up in iTunes, then wait a minute or so and try opening up Youtube. (May or may not work for you, it did for me)

-Mail App isn't verifying my yahoo account even though all the information is correct (typed it in over and over and still won't verify) WORKS NOW

FIX: Plug iPod into computer, wait a few minutes for it to show up in iTunes, wait a few minutes then try setting up account while connected to the computer with iTunes still open, then try verifying (this is what I did and my account finally verified, may have just been a coincidence)

-When iPod is plugged into computer, iTunes freezes up and won't work, right after I pull the plug out of the iPod, it works fine and unfreezes.
    FIX: Wait a few minutes and eventually your iPod should show up in iTunes and it should work fine, just don't try messing with iTunes while you wait for it to show up.

-Slower performance, stalling (notably on the settings app) and unstability (It has been running slower and it has shutoff randomly on me. I have tried rebooting and hard resetting yet they don't seem to have any effect.)

-Some apps won't transfer from my iTunes to my iPod due to an error
    FIX: Go to Store>Authorize Computer - then click the sync button in itunes

-When trying to sync Super Monkey Ball to the iPod, it fails to authorize when correct information is put in

-Sometimes when installing apps from the App Store on the iPod they install very slowly for no apparent reason.

If you are experiencing any problems with the firmware itself (not with finding it) then post here and I'll add it to the list.
  2. Aver

Aver New Member

Pertaining to the YouTube problem, the itunes servers are still pretty swamped.. Give it a little while and try again. I ended up doing a restore of 2.0 through iTunes (not shift clicking... A normal restore). I'd just give it a while longer and try to use iTunes again when some of the traffic dies down.
  3. Nevermind42592

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yea, I think some of the problems that I'm having such as the mail trying to verify and youtube not working and even iTunes with my ipod are probably all due to the network. Also, did you have 2.0 then restore and stay at 2.0 or did you go back to 1.1.4?
  4. mitcharr

mitcharr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    go into appstore get a free app then check if youtube works
  5. Aver

Aver New Member

I was on 2.0 at the time, so a straight 2.0 - 2.0 restore
  6. Nevermind42592

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I let it stay connected to my computer for a while and it seems to work now! yay!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Mail is verified now!

yay!
  7. jonwilson1988

jonwilson1988 New Member

Ive had slower performance, and frequent stalling of apps. notably settings app.
  8. Relyt

Relyt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my itunes is freezing too. when i unplug it the ipod info pops up and then goes away and itunes works fine. is this because of all the traffic? also, itunes won't authorize my super monkey ball after i double click it and put in my information to authorize it. i put my information in, and it tells me that i have authorized on one out a possible 5 computers, but when i try to sync my ipod (itunes worked right once) i got a message saying super monkey ball wasn't authorized?
  9. Nevermind42592

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That's exactly the same thing my iTunes does, it must be due to traffic.

Huh that's weird, i'll add it to the list.
  10. neodude237

neodude237 New Member

Sometimes, when installing apps in the store, directly on my iPod, they don't stop installing? Then I have to reboot to use them... Anyone else have that issue?