Problems when using Sennheiser MM50 headphones and integral mic

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by steveaustinpowers, Mar 13, 2009.

1. steveaustinpowers

steveaustinpowers New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hi Everyone, I recently purchased the 16 gig 2nd generation IPod Touch which was nice! Then I started to download apps for it as you do, researching the net etc when I came across 'Truphone' which apparently lets you use the Ipod touch as a Voip phone. Cooool I thought an Iphone without the contract or the expense. So I bought myself a pair of Sennheiser MM50 in ear headphones with Mic as apparently some sites say they are compatible with the Touch. Not so, I can report when using 'Truphone,' or any of the other voice recorders such as 'Italk' by Griffin when you use the Sennheisers (or mine at least) to speak or record I get a constant high pitch click every 1/2 a second which makes any conversation/recorded notes barely discernible and very hard work for the listener. Does anyone know of a patch to overcome this? Has anyone used another set of headphones successfully on the Touch 2nd generation with 'Truphone' or a voice application I would be glad to hear of your experiences? as I would love to be able to use it and to record my innermost thoughts, sad puppy that I am. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and PS the headphones work fine for listening to music etc its just the recording they appear to have a problem with
  2. micky_photo

micky_photo New Member

Hi

I have bought MM50 and have exactly the same problem with you, and i just open the mic part of the mm50 and use a pencil to short the C2 position (there are C1, C2 and C3 without any cap weld on it!!) and the mic works very fine now, try at your own risk.

Micky