Problems when downgrading.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by ipod touch fan, Jan 19, 2008.

1. ipod touch fan

ipod touch fan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So. I was testing how to downgrade on my sister's ipod touch (she never uses it, since she doesn't have any quality music and her school doesn't allow her to use it before or after school). So everytime i tried downgrading with itunes. It give me error (1). Could not restore ipod bla,bla,bla. Then i thought about using the iPhuc approch. But when i hit
    PHP:
    filecopytophone
    and the path (made by draggin the WTF file in the window) i hit enter and it gives me that "command doesn't exist". So i was wondering. Can someone tell me how to fix this.

P.S. I have a mac. I fund iPhuc universal.
  2. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    just do this

enterrecovery (enter)
    filecopytophone WTF.s5l8900xall.RELEASE.dfu (enter)
    cmd go (enter)

then go back to itunes and shift + click and look for 1.1.1
    thats it
  3. crystalnightmares

crystalnightmares New Member

ooh finally sumone whos done this with a mac! lol i got one too, i got the universal thing....and itunes 7.6.....

im on 1.1.3 atm trying to downgrade but when i open the iphuc thing (theres either 'iphuc' (this opens) or 'iphuc.exe' (comes up with a notice saying "the unarchiver - the contents of the file "iphuc.exe" can not be extracted with this program")

so i use iphuc.....when it opens it just says:
    Last login: Fri Jan 18 20:54:50 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    (my name)-computer:~ Alexa$

how do i start off: "(If you're on a Mac, open Terminal and navigate to the folder you extracted this in, then execute ./iphuc), then issue the following: enterrecover....."

??? can anyone help whos done this please??
  4. ipod touch fan

ipod touch fan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    thanks> I am going to test this now.

Edit: So i did it. I used my friends Windows laptop to run the iPhuc script. It work like a sharm. Now i am of to try it in my mac. I will report back, and if succesful i will write a tutorial.