Problems Jailbreaking Ipod Touch v. 2.2 Mac OS

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by BarclayMG, Dec 10, 2008.

1. BarclayMG

BarclayMG New Member

So, I just got a 1st generation Ipod Touch 16 gb with the updated Firmware 2.2

I downloaded pwnagetool (because I have a macbook) and followed the steps. I can get everything set up, and get my .ipsw file ready to install, but when I try to "pwn" the ipod (i.e. the power button and home button, then just the home button) and all that, it gets 5 seconds into the first phase of that, and itunes jumps up with a "iTunes has detected an ipod in recovery mode" message, and fails the pwning.

So that's my first question...how do I get around that?

And then, when I "shift-click" (or in my case "option-click" the restore button) and add in the .ipsw file I created, in order to restore it to my ipod, it gives me an error message, and says I can't restore the ipod, and then brings me back to the recovery message.

Help??

barclaymg@hotmail.com (my MSN if anyone can get on and talk to me..)

Mike
  2. MacDevil

MacDevil Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Try unchecking the box that says "open iTunes when this iPod is connected" (on the summary screen for your iPod. You may have to restore to do this.

I would suggest that you use QuickPwn instead to jailbreak. It is generally easier to use, especially if this is your first time jailbreaking.

Good luck!

[edit] Do you have one of the new aluminum macbooks? If you do, you will be unable to jailbreak. Apple has built something into their new laptops to prevent it from recognizing a device in DFU mode. You will have to find an older laptop or a Windows machine to jailbreak your device.
  3. specialsyco

specialsyco New Member

unchecking the box wont help its supposed to be detected in itunes

try turning on your ipod holding home + power until it turns off then wait two seconds let go of the power and dont let go of the home until it shows up in itunes then restore to the custom FW

your problem is that your not in DFU mode which is whe the screen of your ipod is black yet it still is seen by itunes
  4. BarclayMG

BarclayMG New Member

Hm. I tried, and still nothing. Anyone else?