Problems Jailbreaking 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by bombs551, Aug 24, 2008.

1. bombs551

bombs551 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've tried a thousand times. No matter what, something goes wrong.

I've used the winpwn method and I always get an error message saying "Failed to create IPSW!"

I've tried quickpwn and it either stops after saying "100% complete" or it completes the last stage when you keep the Home button pressed and then nothing happens; the command prompt exites, and my iPod remains blank.

I've done a thousand different things to fix it and to no avail.

I'm running 64-bit Vista on 4gb of RAM. I have an 8gb iPod Touch running firmware 2.0.2

Somebody help and tell me wtf is happening.
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Step 1) Make sure you're not going through a hub. Plug it DIRECTLY into the computer, and if necessary remove all other USB devices.

Step 2) Make sure iTunes isn't running. Kill all iTunes processes.

Step 3) If you're using QuickPWN, follow the instructions on-screen; they're there for a reason. If it stops at 100% complete, then it's done pwning, or it should be. Remember to let go of the button after it starts the pwning process.

Step 4) If all else fails, try another computer - I suspect 64-bit Vista may be one of the problems there, especially if you keep getting errors. Also make sure you're running those programs in Administrator mode.
  3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Okay I found the problem lol.

You need to download THIS and place it in the same folder as the othe zip you downloaded and the firmware file. Then run QuickPwn and it should work.
  4. bombs551

bombs551 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea, gitykins, the quickpwn in that dosen't even work..

i've been through a hub, so i'll try it directly into my computer and if not, i'll use another computer thats running 32-bit vista
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    so guys. thanks a lot! it finally worked..

idk which one did it, whether it was by going directly to my computer, bypassing my hub, or whether it was putting that quickpwn.zip file into my QuickPwnGUI120 but my iPod is finally jailbroken once again!

Thanks for you help guys, really, i was getting pissed off at this.. lol