Problems ipod 2 g - the 6th svchost.exe process in windows task manager

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Madex, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Madex

Madex New Member

If smb know plz help.
    The problem is:
    When i plug in through usb my ipod touch 2g in windows task manager appears the 6th svchost process and some of you who know about this process also know that it load your pc more than usual. What can i do to eliminate this thing from my ipod? I ask about eliminating from ipod cause for my pc I already found a solution. Even formating all data on ipod didn't help.
    I guess it's smth hidden more deeper than simple formating of data. It could be saved in the auto recovery files of Ipod ....
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    what?

the ipod does not contain a svchost process...

Some time ago, Microsoft started moving all of the functionality from internal Windows services into .dll files instead of .exe files. From a programming perspective this makes more sense for reusability… but the problem is that you can't launch a .dll file directly from Windows, it has to be loaded up from a running executable (.exe). Thus the svchost.exe process was born.
  3. Madex

Madex New Member

mm... i read this ^^ but when i plug in my ipod appears a rundll32 and it takes a minute ( i suppose it's installing that svchost) after this the 6th svchost appears and in comparison with other 6th svchost wich i met in my life exp. this svchost even if you end it manually from your task manager appears again in some minutes.. emm yes and smth else ^^ i have windows XP sp2 so ) i don't have that things that windows made against this svchost proceses
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    every progam uses dll files. They tell the program what to do and store things. Ok, so loads are running anyway from programs open. When you plug in your ipod, lots of services start. You have the USB service, iTunes, iTunes Device Service and lots other. They all use dll files and to run those they need to run svchost.exe, each dll needs its own instance of svchost and there that is the reason you have a lot. I currently have 13 svchost.exe processes running. What exactly is the problem you have? What negative effect is it having on you?
  5. Madex

Madex New Member

i compare doing "refresh" before that svchost and after ) and I really see lower performance ) with kaspersky i blocked this process and my ipod is working great without it and i don't have erorrs but i was afraid of this beeing a virus or trojan that wasn't or can't be caught .. usually when the 6th svchost started the firewall appears and asks you to block or not if you unblock and restart your pc that svchost will allways appear in your task manager (of course if you don't reinstall your windows).
    Also this ipod was bought by my relative and for testing it he pluged the ipod on his notebook and after 2 weeks it came to me. I think that if my ipod was new it wouldn't have this thing "svchost" running.
    If i blocke it with kaspersky why then I am asking.. because i have some pc's where I also plug in my ipod and not on all i have the possibility to install kaspersky. And the question maybe this svchost also influence the ipod's performance? if it harms my pc.
  6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    ok well your not answering any of the questions i pose so ill leave you to it. Have fun

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Madex

Madex New Member

the negative efekt is low performance. btw i said this in my last message it appears to me you didn't pay attention.