Problems forcing iPod Touch into recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by spyce, Sep 16, 2009.

1. spyce

spyce New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Before I get a bunch of responses telling me to "DO A SEARCH YOU DUMB N00B!" I'd just like to state.. that I do know how to throw my iPod into recovery mode, that's not what I'm asking for. My issue is this: I'm using Ziphone to Jailbreak my iPod Touch, and I keep getting errors. One of the suggestions says to throw the phone into recovery mode. I am unable to do this. I follow the commands step by step..

unplug from the USB;
    power off;
    power back on;
    keep the power button held down;
    plug USB back in;
    wait for "connect to iTunes" to appear"

The problem is, the "Connect to iTunes" never appears. The iPod will just load up like it normally would. I've tried this probably 10-15 times and every time it's the same thing.

I'm just wondering if anybody knows what could be causing my iPod to do this?

If it helps at all, here's the specs on my iPod:
    1G iPod Touch, 32 GB, 1.1.4 Firmware

Thanks in advance.
  2. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What are you doing on 1.1.4 anyway?

Anyway, it's home button, not power button.
  3. spyce

spyce New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmm.. sounds to me like Zibri needs to update his help files. Or perhaps I just need to get a bit smarter. Thanks for the help, I'll give this a go.

Why am I on 1.1.4? Because I haven't used my iPod in probably 6 months. Just took it out today to update it. I'm guess I'm just trying to do everything at once and should have updated the firmware first. Will do that now as well.