problems downgrading

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by guitarislife, Jan 14, 2008.

1. guitarislife

guitarislife New Member

I'm trying to jailbreak my ipod but I am having a hell of a time trying to downgrade it to 1.1.1. I follow the instructions to the letter, but when it comes to the actual downgrade, I get an error message at the end, the ipod doesn't reboot, and the ipod stays in its original state. What is it that I'm doing wrong? When my computer downloads the firmware, it doesn't stay one file. The computer decompresses it and displays it as a folder instead of one file. Could that be it?
  2. moosemun

moosemun New Member

yes the file need to be compressed as iTunes decompresses it automatically, go to winzip (or w/e extractor program you use) and set to manual extract...I can't remember how to set it to this but it should not be that difficult
  3. dekigo92

dekigo92 New Member

I've never heard of that problem, but try what he said. Also, which guide are you using? I used the one on crunchgear, which was perfect except the 1.1.1 firmware was the iPhone firmware instead of the iPod touch firmware. Scroll down into the comments and there are some links to the iPod's Firmware. That's just preventative.