Problems Downgrading from 4.0 to 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlackBurningIce, Jul 4, 2010.

1. BlackBurningIce

BlackBurningIce New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an iphone 3gs with a new bootrom even though it is an MB model (don't know if that's important). When i got it it had 3.1.2 from the factory even though 3.1.3 had been around for a month or two at the time.

I jailbroke with blackra1n and it backed up my shsh blobs to the cydia server. What was weird was that it reported it had 3.1.3 blobs on file for my device even though i was at 3.1.2 and never had 3.1.3. when spirit was released i upgraded to 3.1.3 and when i ran cydia I am not sure if it backed those shsh blobs since it sill reported 3.1.3 blobs backed up.

If i try to downgrade to 3.1.3 it restores until it is a tiny bit from the end then i get error 1015 and my iphone instantly goes to the connect to itunes screen. I already edited the hosts file to point to the cydia server and it does start restoring but it can't finish. If I try downgrading to 3.1.2 I get an error 3914 while it says it's contacting the apple servers (hosts file still edited for cydia server).

So what I'm thinking is that the 3.1.2 blobs were mislabeled into 3.1.3 and if i try restoring 3.1.3 it tries using 3.1.2 blobs. I'm at a loss at what is wrong and what i want to do is downgrade to 3.1.2 for the new 4.0 jailbreak method so would editing the restore.plist of 3.1.2 to say it's 3.1.3 work or could that mess things up?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I finally got it down to 3.1.3 using umbrella to kick it out of recovery mode. I am still getting the 3194 error code trying to get down to 3.1.2. Does this mean my shsh was never backed up or is it mislabeled or something?
  2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hmm...that's weird. Are you trying a DFU then Shift+restore to 3.1.2?
  3. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    remove the thing in your hosts file. And it should work fine.