Problem with Winpwn

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by cyberonic, Aug 25, 2008.

1. cyberonic

cyberonic New Member

I have downloaded the winpwn 2.0.0.4 and I've upgraded my ipodtouch to v.2.0. Also created the custom v2.0 but when using winpwn to restore it but the whole thing crash. Tried quickpwn but run halfway and the error box popped up. Can anyone guide me how to crack this v2.0?

Thanks
  2. peezi

peezi New Member

you have to have it in dfu mode it's pretty easy once you get it but basically you turn off the device and hold the home and power button. Let go off the sleep/wake button after 10 Seconds but hold down the home button for 20 seconds and you should hear the beep on your computer and nothing should turn on...the screen should be black....thats when you know you're in dfu.
    By the way try quickpwn it's simple and you don't have to restore.
  3. cyberonic

cyberonic New Member

Actually I tried to put the iphone in DFU mode via ZIphone. it's easier but still when it runs it keeps giving me the error msg. Then when I try it with the quickpwn, everything went smooth except the last bit when it try to prepare to load to the itouch, it just pop up an error msg box...

Is there any other way to do so?
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

To get into DFU mode, you need to plug the iPod in, turn it off, hold both buttons for 10 seconds, and the release the power button and hold the home button until it pops up in iTunes saying it's in recovery mode.