Problem with wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lauren1987, Apr 15, 2008.

1. lauren1987

lauren1987 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've searched and couldn't find an answer to my problem. Basically i have a 1.1.1 jailbroken ipod touch which has been fine for some time. Recently though wifi is not working. It appears tobe on in settings>wifi networks. It recognises my network and shows the strength of the signal, but the corresponding wifi symbol that should be on the top left hand side beside the word "ipod" is not showing up. Needless to say safari, installer etc are coming up as not connecting.

Anyone got any ideas?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. therealduckie

therealduckie Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1. Are you on a router with WEP? If so, check the password.
    2. Go into 'Settings' then 'Wi-Fi' then look to see if your network is selected. If not, do so.
    3. If your network is selected in the WiFi page, then check your router settings.
    4. If you have a neighbor with WiFi, try to connect to theirs.
    5. Power it completely down by holding the power button on top until it says 'Slide to power off', then turn it back on. Your WiFi may need to be reset.
    6. If all else fails (and I know you're trying to avoid this) maybe reset it.
  3. lauren1987

lauren1987 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've just checked all this, but everything seems to be fine apart from the fact that wifi is not working as it is supposed to. The ipod will say that it is connected in settings, but isn't doing it. I know it's not the connection, as I'm using the very same one on a wireless laptop to write this now. I think I'm going to have to restore eventually, but i want to put that off and see if i (or anyone else here) can figure out what's actually wrong.