problem with wi-fi please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lethalvenom97, Mar 22, 2008.

1. lethalvenom97

lethalvenom97 New Member

don't worry i checked the sticky and it didn't help me, here is my sitaution...
    all of a sudden my wi-fi connection wouldn't work. however, it all started after i connected to xbox live, but that shouldn't even matter should it?

i went to settings>wifi, and my network that is always there is no longer there. any ideas on what could be the problem?
  2. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    now that's very peculiar... Either microsoft made a machine to gobble and hog all the wifi or your ipod touch is too far away

Please Register or Log in to view images

Can you give me more details? Like are you right next to the router when it d/c and what kind of connection(WEP and WPA) and router are you using.
  3. M-42

M-42 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wouldn't you just have to search your network name again and type the password etc. The same thing you would do after a restore? Just my thoughts...
  4. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well yeah... i guess. But that still doesn't explain the mystery of the xbox live making the wifi server name in the ipod touch disappear

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. lethalvenom97

lethalvenom97 New Member

i fixed it you guys, i just kept going in and out of the wifi menu and my network reappeared after about 10 minutes. weird huh?

thanks for the help!
  6. Grischtof

Grischtof New Member

No i think i explained it wrong... it is not that the WIFI is activated but i don't have connection to the router it is more that the WiFi function is deactivated... when i touch "settings" in the main menu and then normally the first point should be WiFi ...andthen you can touch that one but in my case you can't even touch it and there stands " WiFi No WifI" written in a light grey... so it is like as the function of using wifi is no more there

thanks for the fast replies