Problem with wi-fi and other issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by frwct, Mar 21, 2009.

1. frwct

frwct New Member

I own an ipod touch second generation and have jail-broken it with redsn0w (teathered).

Although I appreciate all of the help the forum has provided in jail-breaking my iTouch, my wi-fi is really messed up now because of it.

Prior to jail-breaking it, my wifi worked fine, I could connect to my homes signal perfectly, along with my school's and other signals (optimum wifi etc.)

Now, my ipod will only work briefly before not being able to detect any more signals. I have to reboot my iTouch (using terminal of course), and then the signal is picked up perfectly. This is true with all signals, and turning off my wifi and turning it back on does NOT work, no matter how long it is left off.

I have tried everything to get the wifi working 100% of the time, and turning off the signal prior leaving its reach helps when trying to re-connect or connect to another one, but it is not perfect.

If anyone could help me fix this wifi issue, it would be greatly appreciated. However, it would also be cool to know how to unteather my iTouch as well. I have a mac and have obviously used RedSn0w (I want to keep all of my data, songs, apps etc) if that is possible.

Thanks,

frwct
  2. DNJ45

DNJ45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think you should just rejailbreak with an untethered method. It will resolve alot of your problems and make your life much easier. I don't know any good Mac untethered jailbreak GUIs so your going to have to use Google. Also, install AptBackup so you don't have to reinstall your jailbroken apps.
  3. daniel_capelo

daniel_capelo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    try this:

go to Settings > General > Reset, and choose Reset Network Settings. Just click OK on the next pop-up that comes, and wait for your iPod to reboot.
  4. frwct

frwct New Member

I would rather not have to re-jailbreak my ipod, but it is a possibility.

With resetting my networking suggestions, as you suggested, would this delete WEP/whatever passwords as well? My school's wifi is now set up by the state and there is a 15 key password where I need to ask the guy at our school to access it.

I guess, even better would be if i am able to re-call the digits so I can re-access my wifi, along with setting up my laptop.
  5. daniel_capelo

daniel_capelo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah it would delete all your WEP passwords
  6. Deadhead

Deadhead New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    but you asked for the password before, right? What's the harm in obtaining it again?
  7. frwct

frwct New Member

I could. So there is no way to get a password from an itouch?
  8. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

No. This is an added security measure.