Problem with Touch less than week old

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FuSchnickens, Aug 20, 2009.

1. FuSchnickens

FuSchnickens Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Problem with brand new Touch. Having issues accessing playback controls.

First of all I'm planning on returning it to where I just bought it. But I'd thought I'd post this question to see id this is a common problem. Everything had been working fine till today. However when I something playing and want to forward or rewind it I have to press touch the screen multiple times for that bar to come up of disappear. This should definitely not be happening on it since I just got it Sunday. Again this only started happening today. Lastly, whats the best way to get all the stuff I put on my current touch to the new one? TIA

I just upgraded the firmware to 3.0 last nite. Any chance that had something to do with it?
  2. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can you try re-phrasing that?
    From what I understand, are you saying that the volume scrubber isn't there?
  3. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    yer ve is right...you need to re-phrase m8...i dont understand
  4. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Something about tappign the screen twice to rewind idk?\
  5. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Translation:

First of all I'm planning on returning it to where I just bought it, but I'd thought I'd post this question to see if this is a common problem. Everything had been working fine until today. When something's playing and I want to forward or rewind it I have to touch the screen multiple times for the music control buttons to appear. This should definitely not be happening since I just got it on Sunday; this only started happening today. Finally, whats the best way to get all the stuff I put on my current touch to the new one? TIA

I just upgraded the firmware to 3.0 last night. Any chance that had something to do with it?
  6. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Its possible that something screwed up when you were upgrading it. If its not jailbroken, try to restore it. If it is, have you installed any packages recently?
  7. FuSchnickens

FuSchnickens Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No it is not jailbroken. Basically when I have something playing and I want to hear it again I tap the screen to get that bar to come up but it takes sever taps of try and get it to come up. Its the bar that comes up and u can see the track playing and fast forward or rewind if u chose too.
  8. jp!

jp! New Member

I think I get what your problem is, but dunno how to fix it, sorry.

And iTunes does the job for backing up your iPod and re-syncing on the other one
  9. FuSchnickens

FuSchnickens Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's getting to the playback controls that are a problem. When u have some podcast playing you can touch the screen and some info on the podcast will come up? Thats what I'm having trouple getting to.

Display playback controls
    m Tap the screen to show the controls. Tap again to hide them.
  10. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Im not too sure, what would be causing this. My only two guesses are faulty firmware or maybe the screen is somewhat broken. Try running a different app that has a button in the same area and see if it takes several taps to work, if it doesnt then its firmware and you will need a restore.