problem with touch after BSOD

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by magicianhisoka, Oct 6, 2008.

1. magicianhisoka

magicianhisoka New Member

after i plugged in my touch my com BSOD-ed and was on as per normal again after the crash. but after i plugged in my ipod, some of my files became "other". my audio files were down by half and my "other" files just shot up by 10gbs.

anyone has any idea how i can get rid of the "other" files without re jailbreaking my ipod touch? cant seem to get rid of it through syncing at all.

or if i have to jailbreak, anyone can recommend a free backup software for ipod touch?

thanks for any replies. im really at my wits end now.
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Try a full restore - as in the 'restore to factory settings' restore, and don't restore your backup... which may be corrupted. Just resync all your files and media on there - that should kill the 'other' space which has things like old applications, and so forth.
  3. CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos New Member

While I don't like telling people to restore, you're right, this seems like the only option.
  4. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

Just do a simple restore.
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

No. It has to be a factory restore - a normal restore may put that crap back on his iPod. He needs to do a clean restore and set it up as a new ipod to be safe.