Problem with the video recording`

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoeC2106, Apr 29, 2010.

1. JoeC2106

JoeC2106 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi guys, i have an iphone 3Gs jailbroken with blackra1n on 3.1.2 and all of a sudden the video recording has stopped working.

Taking normal pictures still works fine and when i switch to video everything seems good, except when i press record it just freezes, the little timer doesn't come up and i can't press any of the buttons, it just becomes unresponsive. Pressing the home brings me out of the app and everything is fine.

I also have camera plus pro but this has the same problems, everything just freezes and no video is made.

I've tried re-springing and restarting the phone but it hasn't helped. Im installing things constantly so im not sure if it could be anything like that, are there any programs known to conflict with it? or any solutions that could allow me to record video again?

Thanks for your help

Joe
  2. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try cycorder from cydia
  3. JoeC2106

JoeC2106 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ive just tried that, didnt work unfortunately

Please Register or Log in to view images

the screen just goes black when i click the cycorder icon and then goes back to the springboard, argh! annoying. Im going on holiday soon and it would be a real pain in the backside if i couldn't take videos!

Anyone ever heard of this problem before?
  4. klaus

klaus New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    maybe your video recording is just had it, try finding other online forums if this ain't workin.
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It sounds like a software problem... Restore (do not do it from backup!) via iTunes.
  6. paulmartin483

paulmartin483 New Member

• Flaming and/or trolling
    I can also use windows mobile HTC.Sometime I can not record video very well.So i removed some pictures and image in my iphone for this video.Now it playing very well soon.It could be happened when you have overloaded things in your iphone.
  7. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes I would lso advise you to do what JKK said. Also on another side note make sure you save the SHSH Blobs so you can restore back to 3.1.2 and jailbreak again. Just curious but have you dropped the phone?
  8. JoeC2106

JoeC2106 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok thanks for your help guys, i got it too late so i was only able to get it backed up for 3.1.3 so ill just have to wait till the next jailbreak release till i restore, its not a major problem anyway, just annoying really as video would have been handy!

Don't theres been any major drops really no, i have the switch easy rebel serpent case on it. Theres been a few small drops but nothing id have thought would damage it really.

I'll wait it out and restore when i can anyway and see if that solves the problem. Thanks for the help!