Problem with the sleep/wake button :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by raresd, Dec 27, 2008.

1. raresd

raresd New Member

Hello

I have an 16gb ipod touch. It seems that the sleep/wake button it's broken. The problem is that it got crazy and the ipod keeps closing/opening when it wants (when i'm not using it). Can you give me any suggestion, how to solve this problem?
    I mention that the ipod it's not in guarantee anymore, and i don't have any apple store near me...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks in advance
  2. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I would really not suggest this, but is it stuck or something if so , take a pin and try to like poke it up, once again i would not recommend it.
  3. raresd

raresd New Member

Well the thing is i did tried to pull it up with my finger nails and it worked until i touched it. (Allthought i did not pull it out that much)
    Could it be a software problem?
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's not a software problem. The Sleep/Wake button is probably rubbing against the contact inside which makes it turn off and on repeatedly at times.

But because you're out of warranty you can't get a replacement - unless you can find a way to fix it you're probably out of luck.
  5. raresd

raresd New Member

so there is no way i can fix it?

crap
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's not impossible but it would be difficult for the everyday person (including me). I've seen people disassemble their iPod, fix the sleep/wake button themselves and reassemble it.
  7. fckmayday

fckmayday New Member

I had the same problem. The fact is, that not the button itself is the problem, but the thing under it which receives the push and makes iPod sleep/wake. What did I do? I just disassembled the iPod with knife, then removed the button and reassembled it. I don't have the button, I just use my watches belt end to make it sleep. As for wake up, middle button ofc.
  8. raresd

raresd New Member

Thanks guys for the fast replies.
    I'll try to find somebody experienced with ipods to repair it, because who knows what i can do to that poor ipod...

Thanx again