Problem With ScummVM

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by VViper, Dec 16, 2007.

1. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have downloaded the ScummVM from the installer and it has completely downloaded and installed. So I open up CuteFTP Pro and go into my iPod Touch's files to put Monkey Island 1 in. I go to /var/root and create a "ScummVM" folder. I make sure it is set to 755 and then I open the folder and copy across the files I need from the disc. Before you send me to the ScummVM wiki datat page, I made sure I copied the correct files.

I then click the ScummVM icon and I get the orange ScummVM loading screen but then it minimizes and from what I can tell crashes. Nothing else happens and I get the same each time. I go to un-install but the ScummVM uninstall ins't there but it is in the install part of the installer. So I install it again but no matter how many times I install it, it never fully loads.

I had an idea to download ScummVM from my computer so I go to the http://www.urbanfanatics.com/scummvm.xml and I find the address http://www.urbanfanatics.com/scummvm/scummvm-iphone-snapshot.zip which is the file the installer downloads, so I download it the .zip file and I uncompress it and all the files match that of the ones in the /applications/ScummVM.app file on the touch so I copy the files across and make sure they are all set to 755. I Try running ScummVM again but it does the same thing and crashes on the load.

Like I said, ScummVM is still in the install section of the Installer and I can't un-install it. I have deleted the files using my FTP program and tried to install it again but the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'll try deleting some apps to see if it is a space issue.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Remove the ScummVM.app folder from your Applications/ directory via SFTP.
    Reboot your iPod.
    Open Installer.app, install ScummVM again.
    Reboot your iPod.

Now try it.
  3. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, I'll try that. Thanks!

Edit: Just been checking the scummVM forum and I have gathered from the other posts with the same problem that it is the 3rd party app space limit on the touch and iphone that causes the problem. So I am going to remove useless apps and also try to configure my spce of my touch using the tutorials on the web.

This problem is a space on the touch problem.
  4. Breakfast_Clubber

Breakfast_Clubber New Member

i was having the same problem, after i uninstalled Apollo.app (4 mb) it worked just fine.
  5. Phreaky_McGeek

Phreaky_McGeek New Member

Don't worry about uninstalling stuff to get other apps to fit on, there's a very simple solution. The applications folder is situated in a 300mb partition, where as the other 14 odd gigabytes are on another. Therefore, the logical thing to do is to copy the Applications folder to the larger partition (in /var, but don't quote me on that) and create a shortcut in it's previous location.

Search the forums, I don't have a link atm but you only need to execute 4 commands (in WIN_SCP, anyway) and it does all the hard work for you.

Once you've got the gist of that, make sure your game is in the larger partition, as even short Lucasarts games can take up a large chunk of space (Full Throttle can be completed in an hour and it's about 700mb).
  6. blablablabla

blablablabla New Member

Install the BossTool (in Installer)!!! It pushs your Applocatios in the bigger partition and makes a link to it in the smaller partition! I use it, and it's great!
  7. tankboyben

tankboyben New Member

i used bosstool but i got the same problem as the original poster