Problem With Restoring Ipod (Not the usual "OMG I BRICKED MY IPOD" story)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bigspike, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Bigspike

Bigspike New Member

Alrite, so the other night, i accidentally pulled out my Touch without ejecting it from my computer. As a result, all the music and videos disapeared, leaving the ipod working perfectly...except for the lack of music. So, i decided to do a restore, (YES, using the hold down power button and home, etc) but heres the twist. On my ipod, the top button stopped working shortly after I recieved it. I don't know exactly why, but I would guess that the connection between the button and the "switch" was a badly made one, and screwed me over. I am planning on calling the warranty into it, but before I do I would like to do a restore to make it seem un-jailbroken.
    I have re-downloaded 1.1.2 three times now, each time taking around 90 minutes to download. PLEASE try to help me, I am going crazy

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also, sorry bout the double post..I accidently hit enter..
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

You don't need to put into force restore mode to restore the iPod. Just plug it in, load iTunes, click on your Touch, hit "Restore" and away it will go, completely restoring the iPod to factory-fresh. If you have the 1.1.2 restore file on your local hard drive, hold SHIFT while you hit Restore and select the file to restore that way.
  3. tombi

tombi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I usually take my iPod out that way because im lazy and it has never gotten rid of my music, its wierd. Have you tryed getting 1.1.1 instead of 1.1.2
  4. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

my iPod won't sync now I installed the net services and sftp the sendfile I deleted some songs I downloaded and messed with settings in mobile finder now it won't sync it says disk read error has any of you ran into this ps I've searched all day