Problem with Remote HD (Jr.)

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by IceRayn, Jul 22, 2010.

1. IceRayn

IceRayn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I am having a problem with an official (please don't accuse me of "waffles") copy of Remote HD. Even though I bought it, whenever performing an action it shows "Support Remote HD. Please purchase a copy in the iTunes store." or some ad for some pirate game.

The company's support has gotten me nowhere. All they'll say is "Remove the app and reinstall it." That just results in the same problem. Is there any way that I can just disable all notifications like this in the app? Modifying a .nib? I've got Xcode on my Mac, so if anything can be edited in the app will be easy to do.

The notifications look just like any other notification (SMS, Push, Low battery,) It has 2 buttons. (Buy, Later)

However, if I hit Home while the notification is still up, it will open the App Store to the Remote HD page. It's very irritating, as I was just using this to control my Media Center until I used it with my Mac. That's when it started doing this. If anyone can help, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    IceRayn
  2. RemoteHD

RemoteHD New Member

We do not advertise any application or games in Remote HD. The application in your iOS device is either pirated or has been altered by some other application. There are no workarounds to run a pirated/altered copy of Remote HD.

As we said before, the best way to fix this issue is to delete the corrupted application and re-download a clean version from iTunes. Also if you are using an iPhone 3GS or iPad, make sure that you quit Remote HD by double tapping the home button before downloading the latest clean version from the AppStore. If the problem persists, send us a support email. We will send you some ssh commands to clean your device manually.

Regards,

Pratik