Problem With Red Sn0w GUI Application

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jesusOfScientology, Feb 4, 2009.

1. jesusOfScientology

jesusOfScientology New Member

Hi There..Want To Ask About A Problem Ive Been Having with the GUI RedSn0w Application.....When I get to the step where you have to put Your Ipod into DFU Mode...I Do that and then click the button "upload DFU File" but when i do that the black box thing flashes up doesnt do anything then quickly exits out of its self...help!....then i started thinking maybe thats what its supposed to do so then i click on "upload 0wn Patch (bin)" after i had disconected and reconected but i dnt get white screen Help! (again)..hope i have deliverd enough information...

Thanks
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can type that entire post. But you can't type a few lines into Terminal/CMD Prompt (Depending on which platform you are using)
  3. gonn3liito

gonn3liito New Member

I had the exact same problem. Ended up restoring my iPod and i decided to wait til another maybe more noob friendlier app came out.

Btw, I'm running Windows Vista 32bit.
  4. firefoxuser

firefoxuser New Member

hahah yeah i agree

its not that hard to open the terminal/cmd and type a couple commands in. its a cool feeling xD
  5. jesusOfScientology

First of all thank you for not being a dick about it.....I Feel Like Ive Tried...I just Dont Think I have The Experiance To Get it Exactly Right...If You Could Direct Me To A Place Which Gives Me The Simple Lowdown it Would Be Much Appreciated
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What experience is needed? You type the commands in Order. Wow! If you can follow instructions. If you can understand that 1 comes after 2 or A comes after B, you can do this. YOU CAN DO THIS.

• Btw, your username? Well yeah:

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. jesusOfScientology

Ummm Algud....dude who wasnt helping....I ended up just switiching programs to one that worked for me...shot for the quick reply thoe.....
  8. henrymo2

henrymo2 New Member

just restore your ipod.......and redo the whole thing
    make sure its in DFU mode i have jailbroken ipod touch 2g like 5 times it works great
  9. spider_man_upset

spider_man_upset New Member

Okay...I tried downloading it and when it finished downloading my mouse froze and
    Now my computer won't stay booted. it gets to the menu and where it asks which profile I want to sign in it just restarts. anyone else plagued by this issue? I need help.