Problem with putting roms on Ipot :'(

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by Tryko, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Tryko

Tryko Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is there any way of manually putting roms on your Ipod Touch? I tried Cute FTP but I can't connect to it (you still need WIFI for it even tho you do know the ip adress of your Ipot?). I also tried Touch copy but I can't see all the folders with it (including the VAR folder for the roms) and I tried IpodAccess but that didn't even find my Ipot. I'm also trying Putty but it's really hard to figure out and I think it works the same as Cute FTP.
    Do you guys know any software I could use that doesn't require WIFI?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. zeme

zeme New Member

I use WinSCP. No problems so far.

3. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

use iPhone Browser....no pass, no ip needed....the only thing is that u cannot change permissions for the Roms, if you download Squid of installer or try and find a permissions changing software for the ipodtouch on the net, hope this has helped!

4. bridley06

bridley06 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    requires wifi

WinSCP requires wifi, Total commander might work. from what i gather, it doesnt require wifi.
  5. iPodTouchEdwards

does it realli? i think Total Commander is really comlicated tho im not sure i might be thinking of another program, anyway, total commander sounds gd if u dnt need a wifi IP and u can change permissions and all the other options like a terminal for commands etc it sounds gd.
  6. Tryko

Tryko Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks a lot! Iphone Browser worked like a charm

Finally gba on my touch ^____^
  7. ajGambino

ajGambino New Member

how did you see iPhone Browser? I'm looking through installer and can't find it anywhere. Did you use a source? I have 1.1.3 soft upgrade and try to install openSSH, but it always installs half way and kicks me out to the home screen. I really want ROMs on my NES and GBA emulators..
  8. Tryko

Tryko Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list

click the link and download the newest version.
    You don't even need to install it just double click the rar and click Iphone Browser. Make sure your ipot is connected to your pc. Now you can go through your folders. And put roms in the var/root/media/ROMs/(SNES or GBA or NES or PSX depending on what rom you're using).
  9. iPodTouchEdwards

you should restart again and use the DEV team jailbreak or on eof the more stable ways, i would advise to not continue using the soft jailbreak, as i had it at one time and alot can go wrong and it is one of the most unstable jailbreaks!
  10. iPodTouchEdwards

your welcome