Problem with powering back on after sleep

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cailean2k, Jan 1, 2008.

1. cailean2k

cailean2k New Member

Hi,

When I leave my iPod Touch and it goes to sleep. Either on autolock or I put it to sleep manually, I can't turn it back on.

To get it to start working again I have to hold the home button and the sleep/wake button for 10 seconds. Then the apple icon appears. Then I have to wait a further 20 seconds to get the "slide to unlock" screen. After that I can start to use it again.

My iPod Touch is v1.12 and is jailbroken.

Does anyone know anything I can try or is the only option a full restore?

Thanks
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Have you tried both the sleep/wake button and the home button to wake it up? What apps do you have installed? Have you applied the Third Party App Limit fix and/or used BossTool to move your apps/wallpaper?
  3. cailean2k

cailean2k New Member

Thanks,

I have loads of applications installed and I think this has been the problems.

I installed Boss Tools and while installing it I got the low space warning. I only had about 15 MB free, so I have moved all my Wallpapers and Applications and I now have 48M free.

This low space seems to have been the cause of my problem as after freeing up the space my iPod Touch goes on and off fine.

Thanks, I had thought I was going to have to reset my iPod back to the start and have to start installing everything again.
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Yes, the low space issue is very common and can cause any number of weird things to happen. I have about the same amount of space free and my Touch has been working quite well. There's also a manual hack to move the fonts folder to free up several dozen more megs if you ever need it, but it's a bit involved and takes a bit of time to do.
  5. cailean2k

cailean2k New Member

Opps look like I spoke too early.

The problem is still occuring.

If I put it to sleep and wake it imediately it work ok but more than a few minutes and I have to hold down the home button and the sleep/wake button for 10 seconds.

I've uninstalled most of my applications except iphone apps, customise and bosstools. And the problem is still there. I think I will have to try a restore.
  6. cailean2k

cailean2k New Member

Well I ended up doing a restore and re-jailbroke my iPod Touch and my problem has dissapeared.